Saltfish Potato Pie
- 14oz of saltfish (also known as cod fish)
- 10 medium size potatoes (peeled)
- 2-3 cups cheese (I used cheddar)
- 3 medium size red tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/2 of a bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 of an onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 2 tbsps of unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons of mustard
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
- Boil potatoes for 15-20 minutes, don’t want them fully cooked.
- Boil saltfish in for 15 minutes, after it’s boiled extract for unnecessary salt, taste for your liking.
- Preheat your oven at 350 degrees.
- Sautee your onion, bell pepper, tomatoes for 2-3 minutes with vegetable oil on medium heat in a skillet.
- Add your saltfish to the skillet mixing it with your veggies for a next 3-5 minutes and set aside.
- Get a large bowl, adding in your potatoes, mustard, butter, milk and 1/2 of your cheese, mixing them nicely together.
- Grease a baking dish.
- Mix in the saltfish, then place into baking dish.
- Sprinkle your remaining cheese all over (add more if you please).
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until cheese has completely melted.
Thank you for reading. 💖
© Shinavy Blogs