This dish is one of my favorites, I love potatoes. I added a little twist adding some bacon which is totally optional and the process I used was some what different to the traditional way. This recipes serves about 4-6 persons.
- 5 medium potatoes
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 1/2 tbsp flour
- 1 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cooked bite size pieces of bacon (optional)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tbsp Goya all purpose seasoning
- Boil potatoes about 10 minutes to soften a bit. Cool and cut into slices, not too thin nor too thick.
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- Get a large saucepan or skillet and melt your butter over low heat.
- To the butter add in your flour, Goya until smooth.
- Slowly add in milk stirring and bring to a boil, add about half of your cheese to the mixture and garlic stir until thick. Remove from heat. Remove garlic.
- Put a layer of potatoes on your greased baking dish, add some of cheese mixture and some of your bacon.
- Repeat step 6.
- Last layer should just be potatoes, sprinkle your remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
Thank you for reading. 💖
© Shinavy Blogs