Looking through my refrigerator saw approximately half bag of spinach sitting there waiting to be used. An idea popped into head, then I was in the kitchen cooking. For this dish I usually add tomatoes and carrots, however there wasn’t any on hand. Anyway, let’s get to the recipe.
Spinach Chicken Bake
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 pack elbow pasta (300 g)
- 1 cup cooked chicken (bite size pieces)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- Goya all purpose seasoning
Optional – 1/2 cup shredded carrots, 3/4 cup tomatoes chopped in mini cubes
- Cook chicken, cut into pieces and set aside.
- Boil your elbow pasta.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease a baking dish with a little butter.
- When pasta is complete, strain and add butter, mustard, 3/4 of your cheese, 1/2 cup milk, about 3 dashes of Goya and mix together.
- Add chicken and spinach to mixture, then give another good mix.
- Pour mixture in dish, add remaining cheese to the top and pour milk over the dish.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until cheese is completely melted.
Thank you for reading. 💖
© Shinavy Blogs