Welcome back readers to another edition of “Foodie Fridays”, in this edition I will be sharing muffin recipe with you guys.
This muffin recipe I’m going to share with you was a little experiment of mine. It maybe strange that I don’t eat bananas, however I do like banana bread. For this this recipe I switched it up a bit by adding almonds and chocolate to the mix. The muffin actually came out and tasted good.
Chocolate, Almond Banana Muffin
This recipe makes 12 muffins.
- 1½ gluten free flour (you can use regular flour if you please)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup crushed almonds
- 2 tbsps unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 medium size ripe bananas
- 2 tbsps melted unsalted butter
- ¼ cup milk
- slice almonds for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mash bananas, leaving little chunks in them.
- In a large bowl, put flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and sugar whisking together.
- In another bowl, mix together eggs, butter, milk and vanilla extract.
- Add wet ingredients to the flour mixture and combine well.
- Add cocoa powder and crushed almonds to mixture folding in together nicely.
- Add and fold in banana, trying your best not to mashed it any more.
- Line your muffin tin with muffin cups and place some batter in each cup.
- Top off each muffin with some sliced almonds.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Cool, eat and enjoy.
Thank you for reading. 💖
© Shinavy Blogs