Hey there readers, welcome back to another edition of “Foodie Fridays”, glad you came back. Today, I will be sharing a simple yet tasty potato dish with you. I experimented on this recipe twice and this was the best out of the two so I decided to share. It’s not the healthiest but a little comfort food is always good for the soul. So here’s my simple recipe for “Potato Balls”.
- 3 medium potatoes
- ½ tbsp. mustard
- ¼ tbsp. butter (unsalted)
- ¼ cup cooked bacon (chopped bite size pieces)
- ½ cup cooked chicken (chopped bite size pieces)
- ½ cup chesse
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper powder
- 1 tsp Goya All Purpose Seasoning
For frying batter
- bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- Boil potatoes.
- When potatoes are boiled, peel and mashed with butter and mustard.
- In large bowl, add cheese, chicken, bacon, cayenne and Goya seasoning and combine together.
- Using a regular eating spoon, scoop out and roll potato batter into balls.
- In a separate bowl add flour, a dash of cinnamon and breadcrumbs mixing together.
- Mix egg in a separate bowl.
- Coat potato balls with breadcrumbs mix, then egg wash, then breadcrumbs mix once again.
- Fry in hot oil, 1-2 minutes on each side or until each side is golden brown.
- Drain off excess grease.
- Cool, serve, eat and enjoy.
Thank you for reading. 💖
© Shinavy Blogs